CALIBRATION – KEY WORD IS COMPARISON
- Basic: The comparison of a measurement or source of unverified certainty with a measurement of known uncertainty.
- Detailed: Calibration is a set of operations that establish, under specified conditions, the relationship between values of quantities indicated by a measuring instrument or measuring system, or values represented by a material measure or a reference material, and the corresponding values realized by standards.
Why Calibration is Needed:
- All products are given a specification by their manufacturer. This indicates the performance a product should operate to and maintain over a set period of time.
- As components age and the product undergoes changes in temperature or humidity or sustains mechanical stress, performance of the product gradually degrades.
- This is called drift. When this happens your test results become unreliable and any process that the product is a part of has lost it’s integrity and validity.
- While drift cannot be eliminated, it can be detected through the process of calibration.
MST Calibration Bench
Area of use :
- Processing Plants
- Offshore Platforms
- Power Plants
- Engineer Training Centres
- Schools and Universities
- Calibration Laboratories
- Research and Development Labs
- Manufacturing Plants
Primary focus of Calibration:
- Pressure: Gauges, Calibrators, Transducers, Transmitters, Indicators, Switches, Valves.
- Temperature: Sensors, Indicators, Thermocouple & RTD Transmitters, Calibrators, PRTs, Thermistors.
- Electrical/Electronic: Multimeters, AC/DC Signal Sources, Clamp Meters, Tachometers, Ohmmeters, Decade Boxes, Loop Devices, Power Supplies.
- Frequency: Signal Generators, Oscilloscopes, Frequency Meters, Timer Counters.
- And Much More: Incorporate various test equipment for Flow, Level, Mass, Mechanical, Dimensional, and more.
- Additionally benchtop instruments such as dry block calibrators and pressure pumps are used when connected to modules performing testing applications.
- For electrical calibration adaptors for clamp meter calibration and optical tachometer calibration are available, and benchtop instruments for specialist applications.